Update February 12
Feb 6, 2021 Communication:
Athletics Alberta is excited to see restrictions easing, allowing the return of youth sport.
School and team sport activities
Children and youth will be allowed to participate in limited school and team sport activities.
- Lessons, practices and conditioning activities are allowed for indoor and outdoor, team-based, minor sports/activities and school athletics.
- Games are not allowed.
- All participants must be 18 years old or younger, except coaches or trainers.
- Maximum of 10 total individuals, including all coaches, trainers, and participants.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3-metres physical distance for indoor activities
- 2-metres physical distance for outdoor activities
- coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Participants must be masked at all times, except during the training activity. Coaches/trainers/etc. must remain masked at all times.
- Access to change rooms must be limited, including accelerated arrival and departure, emergencies (for example, first aid) and washroom use.
While this is good news, we need to be diligent. Please review and adhere to the AA Guidelines while also tracking the participants in the sessions and the dates of the sessions. Be sure to send us your tracking forms or upload them on the Jotform – the Guidelines page has all the forms linked.
Also, please review the updates on our News page that have been made since November. Things are changing almost weekly so it’s imperative to be clear on what’s happening and expected.
We will be working with our facility partners to provide any support that will allow our members to return to activity.