A 5 km running race consisting of 5 X 1 km loops. You can run as an individual completing all five laps or in teams of up to five people. Race categories are: individual male, individual female, male team (all members male), female team (all members female), mixed team (minimum two of each gender for five person teams), family team (all members from the same family). You can create teams of less than five people where somebody runs more than one leg (1 km). We encourage family participation including children so there are no age restrictions, kids just need the ability to run 1 km and can be accompanied by a parent if they’re under 8. The 1 km loops are a combination of trail and pathway.
We’re partnering with IMPACT magazine and including their inaugural virtual run in our series. You can count any R-series 5km run toward your virtual race. Learn more and register here http://impactmagazine.ca/news-views/news/impact-virtual-run/
The entry fee is $25 per person (regardless of the number of team members) and includes a race t-shirt and post race meal at each race. There will be prizes for the winners of each category at each series race. The top three individuals and teams at each series race will be eligible for grand prizes at the championship race.
Series completion award: Run 4/5 R-series events, including the IMPACT Magazine Virtual Race and receive a special award of recognition.
We have four series races in June and July with a championship race to wrap things up at the beginning of August.
Locations and dates are:
- June 8, Elbow Valley (just west of Calgary) in conjunction with Be There Races Tri for Evan. R-series start time is noon, following the triathlon. Participants are eligible to participate in both the Triathlon and R-Series Relay events, but to do so you must register for them separately.
- June 29, Cottage Club (west of Cochrane on highway 1A). Race start at 11:30 a.m. followed by Cottage Club hosted BBQ.
- July 19, Hawrelak Park in Edmonton. In conjunction with other ITU events, race start is 7:00 p.m.
- July 27, Terwilliger Park in Edmonton. Race start at 11:30 a.m.
- August 3, championship race, location TBD
- IMPACT magazine Virtual race: 5, 10, 21 km between July 13 and August 5th. Count any of your R-series races toward the virtual race (separate registration required)