The end is near! Today our provincial government announced the summer plan. If all goes according to said plan, we should be open for competitions in the coming 3-6 weeks. This is, of course, dependent and subject to Covid19 case numbers. For now, we are in Stage 1 of the summer reopening plan starting June 1. This means we can return to training in groups of 10 or less (including coaches) outdoors, masked and distanced, starting June 1.
Stage 1: Two weeks after 50% of Albertans 12+ (born in 2009 or earlier) have received at least one dose and hospitalizations are below 800 and declining. Effective June 1 unless stated otherwise.
- Places of worship – 15% of fire code occupancy (effective May 28)
- Outdoor social gatherings – up to 10 people (indoor social gatherings still not permitted)
- Outdoor physical, performance and recreation activities – up to 10 distanced people, all ages
- Personal and wellness services – re-open, by appointment only
- Funeral services – up to 20 people, not including facility staff, funeral clery or organizers not considered guests (receptions remain prohibited)
- Wedding ceremonies – up to 10 people, including officiant, bride/groom, witnesses (receptions remain prohibited)
- Restaurants – 4 people per table max, outdoors, households only or 2 close contact for those living alone
- Retail – 15% of fire code occupancy (must maintain ability to distance)
- Distancing and masking requirements remain in effect
The summer plan at a glance is below. When we move to Stage 2, we’ll inform you.