Athletics Canada is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Annual Awards and induction to the Hall of Fame Class of 2016. The following awards are given on an annual basis:
- Jack W. Davies Memorial Trophy – Outstanding Athlete of the Year
- Cal D. Bricker Memorial Trophy – Outstanding Performance of the Year
- F.N.A. Rowell Trophy – Athlete of the Year in Field Events
- Dr. Fred Tees Memorial Trophy – Canadian University Athlete of the Year
- Phil A. Edwards Memorial Trophy – Athlete of the Year in Track Events
- Fred Begley Memorial Trophy – Off-Track Athlete of the Year
- Lyle Sanderson Award – Athlete of the Year in Combined Events
- Eric E. Coy Trophy – Junior Athlete of the Year
- Myrtle Cook Trophy – Youth Athlete of the Year
- Wheelchair Athlete of the Year
- Para-ambulatory Athlete of the Year
- Dr. Doug Clement Award – Coach of the Year
- Jane and Gerry Swan Award – Development Coach of the Year Award
- Official of the Year Award
The committee will name the Wheelchair Athlete of the Year award and the Para-ambulatory Athlete of the Year Award after notable individuals in para-athletics before they are awarded this year.
Please click here to nominate an athlete, coach or official.
Membership in the Hall of Fame is open to athletes/teams, coaches and builders (officials, administrators, and volunteers) who have shown outstanding excellence in the sport of Athletics. Nominees must have made a significant contribution to the growth and development of the sport, including their dedication to the highest ideals of competition.
Please visit the Hall of Fame website to view the nomination criteria and access the nomination form.
– See more –