The Athletics Alberta Annual General Meeting will be held on April 22, 2017 – 10:00 am at the Holiday Inn and Suites Red Deer South (33 Petrolia Dr, Red Deer County, AB T4E 1B3). The Board, Committee Members, and Staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have at the Annual General Meeting.
Nominations are being requested from the membership prior to the AGM as per Athletics Alberta Bylaws. Up for election in 2017 will be the positions of Two (2) Director-at-Large, Vice-President Administration and Vice-President Personnel. The Athlete Advisor(s) will be filled by appointment as per Athletics Alberta Bylaws following the AGM. Candidates for the athlete advisors can submit their applications up until the AGM on April 22, 2017.
Vice President Administration (2-year term)
- Evelyn Burnett (departing)
Vice President Personnel (2-year term)
- Christine Laverty (Current, letting name stand)
Director at Large Candidates – 2 positions to be elected to 2-year terms:
- Robbie Cumming (Current)
- Dan Lauzon (Current)
Current Athletics Alberta Board of Directors (April 2016- April 2017)
- Linda Blade President
- Christine Laverty Vice- President Personnel
- Evelyn Burnett Vice-President Administration
- Rob Fisher Vice-President Programs
- Ed Moore Director-at-Large
- Nathan Lennie Director-at-Large
- Dan Lauzon Director-at-Large
- Robbie Cumming Director-at-Large
- Jessica O’Connell Athlete Advisor
Eligibility for election
As per Association Bylaws, only members in good standing shall be eligible for election to the Board of Directors. In order to be eligible for election to the Board of Directors, nominees shall forward to the Executive Director of the Association:
- A copy of their resume
- A 2017 AGM Nomination Form, signed by two members of the Association
- An Athletics Alberta Statutory Declaration Form as outlined below
Interested candidates must submit the completed documents to the Executive Director in the Athletics Alberta office by the nomination deadline.
Nomination Deadline: 5:00 pm on March 22, 2017
Please note: The Athletics Alberta Nominating Committee shall review all nominations and determine the eligibility of candidates to have their names put forward for election to the Board of Directors.
A potential candidate’s nomination may be disqualified at the discretion of the Nominating Committee if the candidate has disclosed in the required statutory declaration, that the candidate:
- Has a prior criminal record;
- Has failed to pass a security clearance check within the past;
- Has had a restraining order imposed upon him or her in the past;
- Is not bondable; or
- Is an un-discharged bankrupt.
In the event that items 1-5 apply to potential candidates for the Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee has the option of submitting the candidate’s name for election; however, in that event, the full disclosure of the circumstances of the candidate’s history shall be made available to all members. If the candidate refuses to consent to the disclosure of such information, he or she shall not be eligible for nomination.