- This event has passed.
Caltaf 2020 Throws & Jumps Extravaganza
October 3, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
One event on September 26, 2020 at 10:30 am
One event on October 3, 2020 at 10:30 am
Location and Facility
Glenmore Athletic Park 5300 19th Street SW, Calgary Alberta. There is a concrete shot put, discus, and hammer circles.
Change rooms currently unavailable.
The entry deadline will be before midnight on the Tuesday prior to the meet (September 8, September 22, and September 29). There will be no late entries. To enter, please click on the following link: Caltaf Throws Series
$20.00 per event. Please forward EFT to email@example.com prior to the meet.
U16 (born 2006-2005) to Masters (born 1985 and earlier)
Shot Put, Discus, Hammer, Javelin, Long Jump and Triple Jump
All athletes will supply their own implements
Events Gender Para Youth Junior Open
Shot Put W / M 3kg./ 5 kg 4kg / 6 kg 4kg / 7.26 kg
Hammer W/ / M 3kg/5kg 4kg/6kg 4kg/7.26kg
Javelin W/M 500g/700g 600g/800g 600g/800g
Discus W/M 1kg/1.5kg 1kg/1.75kg 1kg/2kg
Weigh In Procedure
Weigh in for all implements will be from 9:30-10:30. Shot put will have priority as it is the first event. Wipe your implement prior to weigh in. All athletes at the weigh in will wear a mask.
Time Throws Jumps
10:30 am Shot Put Long Jump
11:00 am Discus
11:45 am Hammer
12:30 pm Triple Jump
1:00 pm Javelin
COVID Policies and Procedures
All athletes, coaches, officials, and volunteers are required to complete a Screening Checklist by 9:00 am of the day of competition. Please click on the following link to submit your checklist Competition Screening Checklist
- Only Athletes and Coaches from the competing flight will be allowed in the competition area.
- Each flight will be allowed a 15-minute warm-up period before they compete
- All athletes must supply their own implements
- All athletes must retrieve their own implements during warm-up and competition
- Sand will have a designated raker provided by Caltaf.
- Once your flight is over, you must leave the competition area. You may watch the rest of the event from the designated spectator area, distanced and masked. Failure to comply will be met with a request to leave the area completely.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory for athletes (when not warming up, competing or cooling down), coaches, officials, volunteers.
- Athletes, coaches, officials & volunteers must keep their gear a minimum of 2m apart & must not share drinks or food.
- There will be NO washroom facilities or water fountains available
- No Spectators are allowed on the track. Only coaches, athletes, and volunteers are allowed onto the track.
- Please respect the 2m rule while engaging officials and volunteers during the meet. Wear your mask.
- Please bring minimal bags and equipment into the stadium and keep them close to you, in your personal space. A warm-up is recommended when stretching or sitting on the turf
- It is expected that each athlete and coach bring their own personal hand sanitizer, face mask, gloves, or any other personal protective equipment they require.
- Please no handshakes, high-fives, hugs, spitting etc. during or after the competitions, as per Athletics Alberta’s guidelines. Keep your distance from those people outside of your personal circles.
- Spectators other than athletes, coaches, officials, and volunteers are discouraged. Parents may drop off athletes and return at the end of the competition to pick up the athletes.