Athletics Alberta Membership: All competitors must be members of Athletics Alberta (or attend an Athletics Alberta member school) or their respective Provincial Athletics Association. No exceptions — please see https://athleticsalberta.com/aa-membership/ . (Note: “Dayof Meet” memberships are no longer available. Membership must be registered before the meet entry deadline of October 30, 2017. (Proof of out-of-province Association registration will be required.)) Only Athletics Alberta full members can receive Alberta Championship medals.
ENTRIES: Due: 6:00 p.m. on Monday, October 30, 2017 Please submit all entries using TrackieReg (https://www.trackie.com/online-registration/ ) .
For seed time, please indicate the estimated time for the athlete (which will allow the organizers to determine if schedule adjustments will be required).
ENTRY FEES: $25.00 per participant (includes $3.00 Alberta Championship fee).
Cheques payable to “GO Athletics “.
Meet Director: Pete Wright (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Meet Co-Director Rebekah Rekken (email@example.com)
- Provincial Championship Medals to top 3 Individuals and teams (scoring members).
- Non-Championship medals will be awarded to non- Alberta athletes who place in the top 3.
- Ribbons will be awarded to places first to tenth Individuals.
Athletics Alberta Team Championships
- Teams are 6 runners with 4 to score. If a club does not designate their team members prior to the start of the race, the first 6 athletes finishing will be considered the team.
- Scoring: First place scores 1, second place 2, third 3, etc. Lowest total wins.
- Teams having non-Alberta registered athletes are not eligible for Athletics Alberta Team Championship.
In accordance with Athletics Alberta policy, for runners to be considered for the end-of-year recognition as cross-country runner of the year in the Pee Wee through Under-18 divisions, they must compete in their appropriate age group in this championship.
Unofficial results will be posted on-site shortly after each race. Official results will be posted the night of November 4 by Ellis Timing Canada (http://www.ellistiming.ca/CrossCountryCalendar2017.html ).
PROVINCIAL CLUB CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS
A point system will be used to determine the winner of the 2017 Alberta Provincial Club Cross Country Championships. System to be determined.